Thursday, May 27, 2010

scaredy cats

I have a pair of scaredy cats on my hands. The roofers started work on Tues which promptly sent both cats hiding under furniture. The first thump actually interrupted Ricky's breakfast and kibble was flying out of his mouth as he ran for cover. I didn't have any warning that they were starting work so I had to scramble to catch them and drive them over to my Dad's.

Even at Dad's place, Ricky is unsure and spends most of his time hiding under the sofa. But he'll eat if I put kibble down.


Phoebe instantly made herself at home.


She's either lounging on the floor in the sunshine or watching the birdies from the armchair. Phoebe's checked every nook and cranny. When she came out from behind the sofa, her face & whiskers were covered in cobwebs. Guess I don't have to vacuum back there.

All these days at Dad's means that I have a lot of knitting time. I've got my entire collection of BBC's Poirot mysteries, a ton of yarn, and a drop spindle & some fiber. I am busy churning out tons of stockinette & trying to spin BFL. I did a lot of quilting on the birdie quilt but I've put it aside to give my arm a break. Many years ago, I gave myself tennis elbow by over-quilting. It took a lot of physical therapy for the pain to go away so I have to be careful.


Ricky sez, "What was that noise? It's out to get me, isn't it?"

4 comments:

Chris said...

Ricky and May would be hiding together. :)

knitseashore said...

Phoebe is a brave tortie! Tim and Ricky would make great friends hiding under the bed together.

Hopefully the new roof won't take long, but in the meantime, Poirot and knitting sounds fabulous! Plus time with your dad!

PurlingPirate said...

Those mysteries are so awesome. I'm jealous of your time!!! We are getting ready for The Squid's party tomorrow. The cats should be grateful they are not here!

Bea said...

Sounds like a bit of a nice vacation for you! The cats will be glad to go home and hopefully with no noises.