Monday, January 11, 2010

number 46

I'm on a roll. Got another pair of socks done for meeeeeeeee.


Pattern: top down; short row heel
Yarn: ONline Supersocke 6-ply; colour Cottage 1082 (150g; 410yds)
Needles: 2.75mm dpns
Notes: Hands down my favourite 6 ply sock yarn. Great yardage and wonderful colours. I have approx. 62g left which should be enough for a pair of mittens. My 46th pair of hand knit socks. A better representation of the colour:


I updated Ravelry and realized that out of the 46 pairs, only 20 of them were for myself. Last year, I knit 7 pairs and I only got to keep 2 plus 3 pairs wore out - for a net loss of 1 pair. Clearly, I need to knit myself more socks.

I couldn't sleep yesterday night. Woke up at 3:15am and tossed and turned for a bit before heading downstairs to look for something to knit. I didn't want to cast on a new project (cuz that's just asking for trouble) so I picked up Nancy's sweater (that I've had in my possession for almost 2 years) and finished knitting the collar.


This is a 20+ yo UFO. Nancy is no longer able to knit so she asked me to finish it for her. When she gave it to me, she'd already knit the front, back, and one sleeve. To update it, I ripped out the first sleeve and re-knit it and the second sleeve in a more modern style than the original pattern. I used one of Nancy's sweatshirts as a template. In order to knit the collar, I picked out the shoulder bind offs and did a 3 needle bind off.

So her sweater is all done except for seaming and weaving in the ends. I'm giving it back to her so that she can figure out what to seam it with. The yarn is too thick so she's going to look for something else that will work.

See what happens when I leave clothes on the bed?


Ricky sez, "Thank you for the blankie!"

Off to toss the stash for some sock yarn and look through my Ravelry favourites for a pattern...

3 comments:

geela said...

Love the new socks. The colours are great. I wonder if we all do the same thing.....knit socks for other people. They are such a good gift that it's hard not to. Enjoy knitting your next pair for you.

I'll have to look for some of that yarn to check out how nice it is to knit.

Chris said...

Socks and finishing off that sweater for Nancy? You were productive!

Batty said...

Wow, you really are on a roll! Can I borrow some of that mojo?