Monday, November 2, 2009

I know better

... than to sleep on my back because Phoebe will walk all over me. She will stand on my stomach and survey the lay of the bed and finding no other flat spot, she'll flop down and purr so loudly that it will wake me up (not that it makes a difference since I'm already awake from 12lbs of pointy paws pressing on my belly). And when I try to suck in a breath to restore some oxygen to my body, she will jump off my gut rendering me even more breathless.

... than to go to Costco when I'm hungry. I bought $40 worth of cheese. Grilled cheese sandwiches anyone?

... than to buy a huge box of Halloween candy. The doorbell rang 3 times for a total of 7 trick-or-treaters. Now I have to finish off the leftover candy. Darn!

... than to expect the cats to understand the end of daylight savings. The phrase, "It's not time to feed you" is met with plaintive meows of hunger even if I do drag my butt out of bed at 6am.

... than to play Xbox games right before I go to bed. Talk about wicked dreams.

... than to leave any food on the kitchen counter. Ricky will find it the 30 seconds that I'm gone and eat it. He should be sick in 3, 2, 1.

... than to ignore the part of my brain that says these socks look wrong. I had hubby put them on his size 13 feet and they fit. The socks are supposed to fit size 10 feet. So I had to rip back both toes and reknit.


Pattern: standard top down sock
Yarn: ONline Supersocke 6 ply; colour Cottage 1080; 1 skein (150g/410 yds)
Needles: 2.75mm dpns

5 comments:

Chris said...

Oh dear! Chaos does the same thing with food on the counter...

PurlingPirate said...

Too big or too small, they are beautiful socks!

I woke up this morning in panic that it's November. Where does the time go?

Bea said...

Wow. They are nice socks though. We bought a ton of candy and are almost left with none. The last few years there were no kiddos coming by so we almost didn't buy any. Its good we did because we had 80 this year.

geela said...

I really get you with the Costco thing and the candy thing....and you just clued me in to the reason why my dog is scratching his bowl at 2:30 pm instead of 3:00 to 4:00. I thought he was just being a piggy.

I had the opposite problem from you with the socks I just knit for my brother for Christmas. He wears a size 13 and I thought I'd never get finished!

Life's a Stitch said...

Know that Costco trap. Have fallen in many times.