Saturday, September 26, 2009

OMG knitting!

This is a knitting blog so at some point, there should be pictures of knitting, eh? Don't be shocked.


Pattern: Clemence cowl by Katya Frankel
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca (col unknown as I don't have the ball band); 1 skein
Needles: 5mm Addi Turbo circs
Notes: I made the smaller version of the cowl because I expected that the alpaca would make the cowl grow. I was right. I really like the yarn. It has a fairly tight twist so the alpaca doesn't fuzz up too much. This is a sample for a class that I'll hopefully be teaching in Nov. so I didn't have Ricky model it.


My sooper seekrit project is also finished & blocked. These are the prize socks in Gladys' husband's Ride to Survive fundraiser raffle. The winner hasn't received these yet so here's a picture of the wrong side. Looks pretty good but the right side looks even better.

I have a new toy - a cordless/rechargeable Ott Lite. There was a huge stack of these at Costco. I bought one to take to the pool hall (my knitting group meets in a pool hall) because the lighting can be dicey. I can also take it camping and knit in the tent. I can see that this lamp will be really useful.

5 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Interesting light! Will you let us know how long the battery lasts? And how much light does it give off? Is it pretty bright?

PurlingPirate said...

Oh! And I really like the cowl. Seems like the first of the year all I knit were hats, now all I knit are cowls. Huh.

geela said...

Love the orange socks! The cowl's nice, too, but Ricky is probably quite thankful he wasn't available for the photo shoot. He really is a very patient kitty.

Sharon in Surrey said...

And you didn't pick up several Ott lights from the PILE & bring them with you?????? For Shame!! Nice socks by the way.

Bea said...

Interesting way to post socks so no one can see the pattern. Love that color.

Ricky is also probably glad you didn't attack him with the cowl.