Wednesday, September 9, 2009

hold your horses


We braved the soggy weather last weekend and made our annual visit to the PNE. Nothing like the smell of horses, cows, and sheep to wake you up.


We saw everything - the Superdogs, the Clydesdale horses, the prize home, the RCMP Musical Ride (pictured here), and Chris Isaak.


The Chris Isaak concert was great. He has such a great voice and he's a wonderful stage performer. I almost died when he snuck off the stage and climbed into the bleachers right behind us. I was less than 6 feet from him!


For his encore, he changed into this crazy suit that was covered in small mirrors. He looked like a human disco ball.


We had a great time and now I need to give my poor stomach a break from all that fair food (mini donuts - yum!).

3 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Wow! Y'all have seen some really great musical acts recently! Fun!! Did you know that I love donuts? I mean SERIOUSLY love donuts!!!

geela said...

Whoa! Hold your horses, girlie. You have had a very busy and wonderful life lately. Lots of good music, lunch on the mountain, dinner on the seaside...and mini-doughnuts...all in one week. What else can one ask for?

Life's a Stitch said...

I went to the PNE for the first time in about 20 years. Saw the Superdogs twice, Randy Bachman and Al Gareau. Curry in a Hurry - yummmmmm. But $20 for parking?