Thursday, September 3, 2009

11 and counting

Last weekend was our 11th wedding anniversary and every year we trek up to Whistler for the day. We stopped at our usual eatery - Ciao Thyme Bistro for an amazing lunch and wandered around the farmer's market.


In a moment of weakness, I indulged in a skein of Impulse of Delight Essential Merino Sport in the colour Aubergine. Yeah, I know it's not purple. But it's an intriguing mix of blues & blacks. I think this would be the perfect hat or a pair of mittens for hubby. Another vendor selling 'art' yarn tempted me with a skein of "Fruit Loops" but I resisted. She had a skein of yarn that looked like streaky bacon and she plied in felted bits that looked like over easy eggs. Yes, it's called "Bacon'n Eggs".


It was pretty warm so we stopped often. This is one of the water features in the upper village. I thought it would be fun to dip my feet.


It took a lot of convincing to get hubby to stick a toe in.


It is ice cold, glacier fed water so you could only stand in it for a few seconds before your feet got numb.


On our way home, we stopped at English Bay for a lovely seafood supper. And after supper, we walked along the Stanley Park seawall and enjoyed the sunset. It was a perfect day.

10 comments:

KnittingHawkeye said...

Congrats on 11 years!!! Btw, did you ask why the colourway was called Aubergine? =P

Dotty said...

Hi - I can't find an email for you so I'll have to reply here. In the picture on the label, there's a bluish reflection off the eggplant. I think that's the colour that she was trying to capture. I didn't ask the dyer because her husband was manning the booth and I didn't think he knew the answer.

Sharon in Surrey said...

That last pic looks like Hawaii!!! Are you sure that was English Bay in OUR neck of the woods???? Happy #11!

PurlingPirate said...

What a lovely day! Congrats to both of you. I would have like to seen a picture of the Bacon n Eggs!

Chris said...

Belated happy anniversary! Lovely yarn and lovely locale. :)

knitseashore said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! I agree with Sharon -- your photo of the sunset does look like Hawaii! How beautiful!

Gail from Surrey said...

I am also a bit late........however.....Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a perfect celebration. See you soon.

Bea said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Melissa Deutsch Scott said...

Yay -- happy A! Way to goooo! Kind Regards, Mel

gabrielle said...

Congratulations, what a lovely day out!

Gx