Monday, August 10, 2009

filling in the blanks

We got back very late yesterday night and I'm slowly sifting through all my pictures and my loot. I am still on a Sock Summit high :)

Here are the pictures that I wanted to include with Friday's post.

Crazy line up for the marketplace Fri morning:



That's a lot of people wanting to buy yarn!!!

The famous Powell's bookstore:


I bought 9 paperbacks - 4 for hubby and 5 for myself.

Skidmore fountain in downtown Portland:


In the background, you can see a group of cyclists taking a Portland tour.

And this is what the ballroom looked like just before we started the world record attempt:

I still can't believe that I was really there.

I finally tracked down Gladys and got her picture with her Sock Museum socks.

My brain is mush so you'll excuse me if I can't string together more than one or two sentences today.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time! Isn't Powell's great?

PurlingPirate said...

Fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing the photos! Can't wait for more!

Bea said...

Ok so it looks like you guys had an awesome time and brought home a bunch of great yarn and books(!). I love books.