Monday, May 4, 2009

kibble-on-demand

There's been a lot of TV watching the last week because I figured out how to program the digital tuner on our new plasma TV (yeah, it only took me 5 months to get around to it). We don't have cable/satellite so we rely on rabbit ears. Since the airwaves are going digital, our other two TVs will need to be replaced or we will need to purchase digital tuner boxes for them. I needed to check things out before we decide what to do. Well, I must say that the digital channels are excellent both for picture quality and sound. We watched Spectacle on Friday night (Elton John hosted & Diana Krall was the featured guest) and the experience was amazing. I am completely hooked. The only downside... The rabbit ears need to sit high off the ground and it blocks one of the doors into the living room.


All this TV watching means lots of sock knitting. I cast on a new sock using some Lorna's Laces (in Franklin's Panopticon) that I received in a Ravelry swap. It's my first experience with LL and I love this yarn. Yes, it's thin compared to STR or Koigu but it's so smooth and soft. Just for fun, I'm doing contrasting heels & toes.

Hubby and I were out in the garden yesterday digging out some dead stuff. The butterfly bush died the previous year and my special maple tree was also removed. I planted a Japanese snowball bush and a Red Spider Japanese maple as replacements. The snowball bush survived last winter in a pot so it should be fine and the Japanese maple is hardy to -30F.

Ricky has decided that he no longer likes the chicken food that he was so enthusiastically eating last week. I went back to the vet and picked up a few cans of the venison & a small sample of some duck & pea kibble. He gobbled up the venison (it was the same food he walked away from the previous week) and the kibble disappeared so quickly that he was choking a little. Now that he knows there's kibble in the house, he won't eat the canned food. Twice, we've fed him canned food and both times, he's walked away. And twice, we've had to sprinkle a little kibble on the wet food so that he'll eat it. Sigh, we are so well trained...


Ricky sez, "Kibble keeps this cute belleh soft & fluffy".

5 comments:

Chris said...

Ricky, you are a finicky, finicky boy!

PurlingPirate said...

My friend Jen, of purse-ho blog, is having the same finicky issues that you are having with Ricky.

Gail from Surrey said...

Ricky really DOES have your number, my friend! LOL What we won't do for our furry children.

Bea said...

Picky picky. Abby expects a sprinkle of Parmesan on her dog food. Or at the very least a piece of chicken or fish please. Ricky does have a soft and fluffy belly...

Melissa Deutsch Scott said...

How do you get any knitting done with that guy posing like that? I'd get distracted by the cuteness. My Lyta does that kind of stuff and I have to put her outside -- I just wanna play!