Thursday, May 7, 2009

I am such a doofus

I am working on a pair of socks for my sister. The first sock is knit and I'm about 3/4 of the way up the leg on the second sock (knitting toe-up). There's been something about the second sock that's been bugging me. I finally took 3 seconds to look at it properly today and... get this, the toe and heel don't line up. I have knit 40 pairs of socks - that's 80 socks not including the WIPs that are suffering from SSS. And not once did I make this dumb mistake. I must've been asleep at the needles when I turned the heel. Doh! Someone get me a drink and please pass the scissors...

3 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Oh no!!!!

Gail from Surrey said...

Noooooo, Dotty, don't do it!!!! Take a deep breath and step away from the scissors, Please!

Bea said...

Oops...that sucks.