Thursday, May 28, 2009

egyptian plum



Hakuro Nishiki Willow - shrimp pink new growth changing to white and eventually turning green. One of the neatest shrubs that I own.

Still no knitting mojo. I am so bleh about all my knitting projects. I have new yarn and I see new patterns that I like but I'm just not inspired to pick up the needles. I really must be suffering from something. My mojo better come back before I go to Sock Summit.

I was bored Tues night so I decided to do a little something with my hair. My hair is black so there's not much you can do with it unless you bleach it first. But now that a lot of it is grey/white, I thought it would be fun to try a little colour. I present egyptian plum over black:


Can you see the reddish bits despite the glare? I think it turned out rather well. Not too red that it looks freakish but just enough to make everyone think that I've got style ;)


Ricky sez, "Where's da birdie?"

The kitties had their annual vaccinations on Tues and they were totally out of it for 24 hours. Both of them barely moved. We're going to try Ricky on a super hypo-allergenic kibble as the venison/green pea isn't working out. If the new kibble fails, Ricky will need medication because there is nothing else we can feed him. And both of them need their teeth cleaned. I should try brushing their teeth. Has anybody ever tried that (and survived)?

4 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Your hair looks great!! Very nice!

You are going to Sock Summit?!?!?! I am so freaking jealous!!! I really, really want to go!!

geela said...

The lack of knitting mojo seems to be going around. Maybe it's a Spring thing.

Love the red hair. By the way, I noticed last week that the cut is really cute, too.

I've never bushed a cat's teeth.....bathed one once and that was enough for a lifetime.

Sharon in Surrey said...

You have to start brushing when they're new kittens. it's too late to try now, Ricky would make hamburger of you & your red hair!!!

Bea said...

I like the new color. I think it looks awesome. I have brushed a cat's teeth. You just have to stuff them in a pillowcase with only their head sticking out and then have someone hold them down on the kitchen counter (like a vet would) and then just do it. Its not pretty...also my cats don't like the tuna flavor.