Monday, May 11, 2009

beam me up, Scotty

Whoa! Hubby and I saw the new Star Trek movie yesterday night (sorry T&G - we couldn't wait). Love it, love it, love it! I wanna see it again! I am a big fan of the classic series and this was the perfect movie.


It was a lovely weekend weather-wise so I was out in the garden. I dug up my dead variegated lavender and dead hebe. In their place, I planted a sedum and a purple leaf cranesbill geranium. I dead headed a bunch of tulips and weeded out several flower beds. I bought some wrought iron planters last week so I planted begonia corms in them and put them out on the front porch.

I've finished knitting the second sock and I'm halfway through the sock surgery. I am slowing taking apart the short row toe. Once I get it unravelled, I can reknit it and graft it shut. No one will ever know that I boo-boo'd.

My next project is going to be a sewing one. The installer came and put up the custom drapery track for our bay window. Now, I get to sew the black out drapes. I'm going to start with the smaller panels and work my way up to the bigger ones. There's going to be a lot of fabric flying around.


As you can see, I took Ricky out for walkies on the weekend. Sometimes, we just walk around the patio. Other times, we go down the driveway, along the sidewalk, and up our front walkway. He sniffs at everything and wants to chew on all the green stuff. When I pull on the leash, the harness cuts off air and he has to cough so I need a better one for him. I think it's too short between the neck and chest loops.

All that walking makes Ricky very sleepy...

4 comments:

CraftyCanadian said...

I just LOVE seeing pics of Ricky!

I recommend finding a harness like this: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3140457 The lower strap goes between the front legs and keeps the neck loop from choking kitty :(

You may need to look in the dog section, just get the smallest one. Or in the case of my monster maine coon, a medium haha. Seriously - even with everything the largest it could go, it was still too tight! He's on grain free diet food now and it seems to be working - nothing else was...

wenat said...

Come to the movie again with us on Thursday!

Lisa/knitnzu said...

I want to see it again too, yowza, it was great! On tv last night they showed "the doomsday machine", and I thought that some things from the movie might have inspiration from this episode (which is not really one my favorites, but I did think of it while watchint the film, and funny it was on a couple days later).

Bea said...

Wow he goes for walkies too??!? Mine don't like their harnesses. He's so very cute.