Tuesday, April 7, 2009

More prizes!

As you can see, Tony's stunned by the power of knitters.

I'm also stunned by the outpouring of support from Dotty's and my real-life and online friends, and have more prizes to share out to everyone who donates! (Look to the left sidebar for links to how to donate!)

Susan, one of our knitting buddies at the Three Bags Full knit night, donated two gorgeous skeins of Koigu sock yarn!


Melissa, who lives in my favourite Australian city, Adelaide, is donating $25 AU of sock yarn from her store -- your choice! Do visit her blog, Stranded in Oz, to see her gorgeous hand-dyed yarn! (You can see a sample of her work below, but I'm sure it must be sold out by now, it's too beautiful to last!) Yet another reason to go back to Adelaide, besides the fact that my favourite cousins live in that beautiful city.


And Gabrielle, of the blog O.R.K. ... abroad, has offered not one but TWO beautiful books -- these will be two separate prizes. The first book is It Itches, by Franklin Habit, and the second book is My China - A Feast for All the Senses by Kylie Kwong. (Links are to the Amazon.com book descriptions if you want to find out more about the books.) She's an international import too -- moved from the UK to Vancouver to marry a guy, and I love the wedding photos on her blog. Congratulations to both of you, Gabrielle!

Also, I've put up a skein of Wollmeise on ebay, with all proceeds to be donated to Tony's Ride2Survive. It's going super high right now, with just one day to go! And I'm so grateful to the folks from Ravelry who are sending me a couple more skeins to go to more auctions on ebay and Tony's ride for the Canadian Cancer Society.

He went to a Ride2Survive meeting last week, and when he reported on how much money we've raised through this effort, there was an audible gasp in the room. I love it when people underestimate knitters!

No comments: