Monday, March 9, 2009

S.N.O.W.


Whaddya think of my backyard this morning? Pretty spectacular, eh? And today was the day I needed to drive clear across town, pick up documents from the lawyer, drive downtown, drop them off at the probate registry, go to a LYS, stop at Home Depot and pick up a new light fixture, and go to the grocery store. It was slow going but I made it and by the time I got home, the roads were bare and the snow on the sidewalk had melted so I didn't need to shovel.

At the LYS, I bought a pattern, some neat cotton yarn, and some more dpns (I really need to finish up some sock wips). I tried out the Hiya Hiya 9" circs. I knit for about a minute and the base of my left thumb started throbbing. I won't be buying those.

I went to knit nite this evening to drop off the Smooshy sample sock and my Mirasol Hacho and Koigu socks. I got to see the newest additions to the store - Namaste Zuma bag in Eggplant (plus matching needle cases) and Koigu KPPPM. I didn't buy anything but I was sorely, sorely tempted.

The STR socks that I was working on have been frogged. They were pooling horribly so the yarn is in timeout. I cast on a pair of socks that I promised my sister.


Excuse me while I skootch Ricky out of the way...


(excuse the furry thigh) Yay - no pooling! But they may be a little too bright for her.

3 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Too bright for her? Is there such a thing as too bright?? Sorry about the pooling! And I would gladly trade you some snow for some of our heat!

The Accidental Mommy said...

Amazing- I just read your article on Knitty with your sock patterns. I am stunned. Seriously. Beautiful!!!

Bea said...

Glad you got your errands done despite the snow. I've tried out those Hiya Hiya and I wasn't terribly impressed. Well except for the small size.

(Ozzy says "Hey Ricky! Keep up the yarn hording!")