Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day Three

I finished the blue camo socks on Monday night.


Pattern: generic toe up; short row heels & toes
Yarn: Mirasol Hacho; col #306 Blue Ocean; 2 skeins (with only a few feet leftover)
Needles: 2.75mm dpns
Notes: Great squishy yarn. No pooling or flashing. Yarn fuzzed up while working the last of the wraps so I'm not sure how these will wear in my shoes.

No pictures from Day Two since it was a little too dark inside the spa room. I had a lovely facial and I came out half awake, hair sticking out everywhere, and smelling like pink grapefruit. I had enough moisturizer on my face to last me a few days. Hubby skied the whole day and we ate homemade chili for supper. After supper, we went for a really long walk along the village trail.

Today, hubby skied a half day and I met him for lunch at the bottom of the mountain and then we went cross country skiing.


This was a totally staged shot because I don't look this happy going down an actual hill. We started out at P5 (the You are Here marker) and headed east on the Cotton Tail trail. We went all the way to where it joins up with the Vista Trail and then we went south and then came back along the lower part of it. These two trails were marked beginner but I had to take my skis off when I couldn't get up a hill and on the steep downhill part. On our way back, we could hear a huge pack of woofing dogs. We figured it must've been the dogsled tours.


I haven't decided what I'll do with myself tomorrow. Hubby plans on skiing the whole day so I'll probably do a little souvenir shopping and a little knitting.

3 comments:

Bea said...

The socks look awesome. I'm sure they are doing a lot to keep your socks warm. Love the staged shot. I'd probably be doing something similar since I'd rather be in the spa too.

Life's a Stitch said...

I've had a facial a few times and I find it frustrating to wash away all that moisturizing goodness because of the shower to get it out of my hair.

PurlingPirate said...

Here you are having the time of your life and I have spent the last 8 days being sick, Sick, SICK! Feel sorry for me yet? Glad you are having a great time!