Monday, February 2, 2009

Day One

We made it!


I wasn't sure we'd get here. Hubby was coughing all night so I got up to sleep in the other bed but it was covered in duffle bags and hubby's clothes. So I dragged myself downstairs and slept on the couch. At 5:45am, Phoebe had a very noisy hairball. So I had to get up and clean the floor. Hubby woke me up at 6:30am and when I went upstairs, Ricky failed reach the litterbox in time so I had to haul out the carpet shampooer. I was ready to cry at that point.


We're staying at this lovely lodge. Our room is on the same level as the big balcony, on the left side.

After a quick supper, we headed over to the day lodge and we went on an evening snowshoe tour.


We hiked partway up the ski hill and stopped at a little hut for hot chocolate and marshmallow roasting. Then we came back down a ridge where we had a lovely view of the village. Snowshoeing is hard work! I'll have very sore thighs tomorrow. Good thing I've only got a facial planned :)

2 comments:

Gail from Surrey said...

Love the antenna-flag! Have a wonderful, restful vacation. See you at WNK when you return home.....

Bea said...

Hard work, but it sounds like it was fun.