Saturday, December 20, 2008

chilly

I got up this morning, made some tea and nearly choked on it when I looked at the outdoor thermometer (the big numbers are Celsius and the smaller ones are Fahrenheit).


BRRRRRRRR!!! Seriously, it is cold. There is frost on the inside of the windows. There's no frost on the outside because it's so cold, there's no moisture left in the air. My car makes funny creaky noises when I'm driving. Kinda scary! I hope it doesn't fall apart. There is a snowfall warning for the next day or so. The fridge is stocked and I've got lots of yarn so I'm ready!

Christmas knitting/crocheting continues. Hubby was trying to figure out what to buy for a 15 year old girl. I gave him a bunch of suggestions but he didn't like any of them until I suggested that I make something (me and my big mouth). Thank goodness that crochet is quick.


Pattern: Queen Anne's Lace Scarf by Khebhin Gibbons
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted in Velvet Grapes; 1 skein (last one in my stash)
Hook: 6mm/US J
Notes: approx 6.5 ft long

I also finished the market bag.


Pattern: French Market Bag by Polly Outhwaite
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worsted; colour Kiwi; 3 skeins
Notes: Miscounted and ended up with 216 sts. Did my own thing with the handles.

I threw the bag in the wash and it only partially felted.


I've got a front loader and there's just not enough hot water to felt things so I'll need to run it through again.

I've got one more Christmas gift on the needles. Just something small so it'll be finished before Christmas. Right now, I'm going to dig out my long underwear and throw another quilt (or 6) on the bed.

2 comments:

gayle said...

You are right. It is COLD! It's the same here but we have 3 feet of snow and there's more falling as I write. Today's a good to bake the dog cookies for my neighbours' pets for Christmas, don't you think?

All my Christmas knitting is finished and now I'm looking at a Noro hat pattern to keep my ears warm.

Love the crochetd scarf. What a nice quick gift.

Bea said...

Oh my that is cold. It was 22f when I filled my car with gas this morning. Now I feel a lot less like that was freezing cold.

I haven't had any problems felting in my front loader, but I have a temp setting that is VERY HOT accourding to the buttons. I've used that successfully. I think the bag will be cute when its done!