Tuesday, September 23, 2008

roses for Bea


My crocheted scarf turned out lovely after its bath & block. So I took it outside for a little photo shoot.


It is quite a pretty little scarf. The second picture is more accurate wrt colour. I'm going to toss the stash tonite looking for single skeins of worsted/aran yarn because I want to make one for myself. Can you picture it in Malabrigo or Queensland Kathmandu or Koigu Kersti?

Yesterday, I went over to BSY for knit nite (my first time) and dropped off the scarf, the course outline, and supply list. I also picked up a skein of Cascade 220 to make swatches for class.

I didn't have a mindless knitting project to take with me so I dug out some pale pink wool and printed out the pattern to make some roses for Bea.


I think they're really cute. The smallest one is the first one I made. For the second and third roses, I fiddled with the pattern a little by adding extra plain rows between the increase rows. I think I have enough yarn to make one or two more and then I'll mail them off to her.

Summer is definitely over. I put all my shorts and tank tops away today and pulled out my woolies. On the weekend, hubby complained about the cold so we replaced the summer blanket with our big red wool one. He's sleeping much better now. And a warm & happy hubby is good to have.

3 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

That scarf is great! I wish I had more time, I'd whip out my crochet hook and go to town!

Way to go on getting everything done and turned in!

katerina said...

Beautiful job on the scarf - it almost looks as if it's been tatted! BTW - got the package today - YEAH now if only my camera was charged - doh!

Bea said...

Yeah they are so pretty!!

I'm going to have to dig out some stash yarn for a scarf for me too.