Sunday, July 13, 2008

mon petit chou

I've mentioned my sooper seekrit project a few times. Now that it's been gifted to the recipient, I can publicly acknowledge its existence.


Pattern: Mon Petit Chou by Kate Gilbert; made smallest size
Yarn: Cascade Fixation; col 2137; 2 skeins
Needles: 4mm Addi Turbos
Notes: Knit bottoms as written. Omitted one repeat in each "cup" and in the ribcage. Did not do the halter thing. I bought the appropriate bra hardware so that the straps are adjustable. The straps and the laces are lingerie elastic so hopefully, it'll help with the fit. This is the project where I panic'd about running out of yarn. The lys didn't have any more in this dyelot but I was able to find a fellow Raveler with a matching skein. Turns out that I didn't need that extra skein.

Yesterday was the bridal shower for my bf so she got to unwrap this little outfit in a public park. Hee hee!

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

That is so awesome! You did a great job!!! I hope she was duly impressed!