Sunday, June 8, 2008

itchy ears

Yes, my ears are itchy. It's so bad that they woke me up. I saw a doctor this morning and he prescribed some drops to help with the inflammation and itching. I hope the stuff works.

While I was waiting to see the doctor, I finished my first pair of STR socks (excuse the poor picture - the sun is hibernating).


Yarn: STR mediumweight in Metamorphic (blog prize from Nikki)
Needles: 2.25mm dpns
Pattern: generic toe up
Notes: A pair of plain socks usually doesn't take me more than 2 weeks but these took 2 months to finish. Maybe I was savouring my first STR :)

I also finished knitting the Everlasting Bag Stopper.


Yarn: Super 10 cotton; 1 skein
Needles: 4mm and 6mm Addis
Pattern: Everlasting Bag Stopper by Amy Singer
Mods: I did a picot hem for the top of the bag. The bag is a little short because I was running out of yarn. Still don't know what to do about the handles.

I've started a second bag stopper and I have a request from a friend to make one in orange (to match the orange socks I knit for her). Anyone seen a bright orange (not pumpkin) cotton dk yarn that would be suitable?

Off to rummage around in the sock yarn stash for my next pair of plain socks. Or maybe I should work on one of my other 24 WIPs. Nah!

2 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

why is it I would rather cast on a new pair of socks than finish one of my many wips?

Your str socks look awesome!!

Bea said...

You need plain socks on the needles. That seems really important. What if you need some small lightweight plain knitting!!