Monday, May 5, 2008

a washcloth a day will keep the cooties at bay

We didn't buy a rug. It's not that we couldn't agree on one. They didn't come in the right size for the table. We'll keep shopping.

We did buy 2 chairs for the living room.


When we first moved in, we bought a new sofa and a matching armchair and ottoman for one side of the living room. The other side looked really empty so I bought some wicker chairs from Ikea as a temporary solution. Seven years later, we've finally found replacements. I don't know how it looks on your monitor but in real life, the chairs are a bit greener and less gold (the flash always adds yellow). That table in the middle needs a darker stain to match the new chairs.

Phoebe likes the new chairs. The seats are a lot bigger so she can spread out a bit more. She can also see the birdies a lot better because the arms are lower.

On Sunday, hubby went up to Squamish to stomp around the race course in preparation for his big bike race next month. I went to a quilt show and looked at all the pretty quilts. Here is a link to the pictures I took.

I bought some fabric - cats, ducks, and a pretty piece of batik. I also bought some Wonderfil invisible polyester thread to try. It's supposed to work like invisible nylon but without all the drawbacks.

The weather has been nice so I've been outside - refinishing/weatherproofing furniture and gardening. The wicker chairs were sprayed with lacquer so that they can sit on the covered front porch (furniture-less for 7 years). I oiled a table that will become a workbench/potting table. And the hedge from hell got whacked back with my electric trimmer (oy - my hands hurt).

My current knitting looks like this:


Our little quilting group is organizing a backyard quilt show in Aug. We'll have a small boutique selling various items. I'm making some inexpensive washcloths to fill in the lower end of the price spectrum.

I've got 3 finished and only 30 or so to go.


Our quilt show is called "Out on a Limb" so I'm trying to stick to that theme - flowers, leaves, squirrels, etc. I'm also making some quilting ones - sewing machine and a 6 pointed star. I think quilters will like those. Of course, I'm knitting plain cloths with the ombre yarn.

3 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Those chairs are great!!! I bet they are comfy to sit in too!!

I really enjoy knitting washcloths. Quick results!

Bea said...

The clothes are pretty. The chairs look mostly green on my monitor. They are very nice looking!

Amy Lane said...

There is something so clean and crisp about pastel cotton--I'm a fan!!!

Congrats, allergicmom--you won my contest--get to me at amylaneATgreenshillDOTcom, and I'll post your goodies!