Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thurs shame*

Time flies when you're having fun! Ta da - I finished my first STR sock yesterday night.

STR col metamorphic
Love love love everything about STR - the colours, how it feels (while knitting and on the foot), the skwooshiness... But did I immediately cast on the second sock? Nooooooo *hangs head in shame*.

I, ah, cast on this sock:

Noro kureyon sock col 188
Just a little Noro Kureyon Sock yarn (col 188) that I picked up yesterday night. The yarn is definitely "rustic" but I like it. I'm using 2mm needles and getting 8 sts per inch. So far so good.


Ricky sez - "Yawn! All this sock talk is sooooo boooooring..."

* shame because I now have 21 WIPs

3 comments:

Nikki said...

They're both so pretty!! I love the diversity of sock yarns...

Bea said...

Both socks look great. I love the noro colorway. And that cat yawn is a fantastic catch!

PurlingPirate said...

Ricky doesn't know squat! There is nothing more exciting than new socks! I'm so glad you love STR! I have some of that Noro (same colourway - no surprise) but I haven't knitted it yet. Still trying to finish some things on my needles first.