Tuesday, February 26, 2008

sooooo cute!


Pattern: Peapod Baby Set by Kate Gilbert
Yarn: Premiere All Natural DK cotton; 4 skeins
Needles: 4mm Addi turbo circs for cardigan and 3.75mm dpns for hat
Notes: The directions aren't very clear in a coupla places. I wouldn't recommend this pattern for a newbie knitter.

This is the cutest baby sweater! I loved making it despite the ambiguous bits. It's going to the first grandbaby of a fellow quilter. I still need to put buttons on it. I have 2 sets of Beatrix Potter buttons but I think I'll ask the grandmother-to-be to pick the ones she likes most. I still have to make a pair of booties to go with the Peapod Set. I've picked Saartje's bootees but they're made with fingering yarn and the sweater yarn is DK. There might be some fancy math in my future...

I've been assigned my Longing for Spring spoilee. I've snooped around her blog, etc. I have some ideas for her swap package but I haven't started shopping yet. Swaps are sooo much fun!

No comments: