Sunday, February 3, 2008

Longing for Spring Swap

In a moment of weakness, I've joined a swap - Longing for Spring. I guess all this snow is getting to me. Sign ups are open until Feb 14 or until the 40 spaces are filled whichever comes first. There's still room!


Here's my answers to the questionnaire:

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft?
I knit. I crochet only when I have to. I learned to do both when I was young (less than 10) and I crocheted for many years. I never got the hang of knitting when I was young. I stopped crocheting about 20 years ago and haven't really done any since. I started knitting again about 6 years ago.

2. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? What are your least favorite yarns/fibers?
I like most yarns. I don't like anything itchy/scratchy or yarn that sheds a lot. Novelty is fine in small quantities.

3. What are your favorite colors? What are your least favorite colors?
Purple, purple, and purple are my favourite colours. I don't like orange/salmon/peach, greens, and yellows.

4. What ‘warm weather’ project are you looking forward to making this year?
We're still thawing out from under 10" of snow so the thought hasn't crossed my mind. I am reknitting the Bonita shirt so I guess that counts.

5. What are you favorite scents? Least favorite?
I love the smell of vanilla. I don't like fruity scents - lemon/lime/orange.

6. What is your favorite flower?
Oh that is a tough one - I have so many favourites. I love my Nerine Bowdenii. I also like Lithodora Diffusa for it's stunning blue colour.

7. What are your favorite spring time hobbies/activities?
Getting out into the garden and watching all the new growth. Watching the cherry/apple blossom trees blooming.

8. Do you have a garden? If you do, tell us a little about it. Do you like to plant flowers or vegetables?
Yes, I have a garden - 9 seperate flower beds; 3 of which we've added since buying the house. Our property is full sun with a very small shady corner so all my plants need to be drought tolerant. I grow mostly perennials but I do have a weakness for petunias, pansies, and impatiens (in a planter on our shaded porch). I don't grow vegetables because it's too hard to keep the pesky animals out and I don't like looking at chicken wire. The property came with 2 pear trees, some everbearing raspberry bushes, a gigantic rhubarb patch, and one lonely asparagus - all of which we enjoy (with the exception of the asparagus - what do you do with just one?). We have a 30 ft Norway Maple tree and a 20 ft Japanese Maple. We used to have a cherry blossom tree but it fell down last year during a fierce windstorm.

9. What are your favorite sweets?
Mmmmm... chocolate, of course. I prefer dark but will eat pretty much anything when I'm desperate. I also like fruit gummies.

10. Do you collect anything?
Fabric (I quilt, too), sock yarn, books, vintage quilts, vintage linen tablecloths/tea towels.

11. Do you have any allergies?
Sorta - I'm mildly allergic to many different foods and as long as I don't eat too much of them, I'm fine. I actively avoid caffeine so that I can eat as much chocolate as I want LOL!

12. Do you have any pets?
Yep - 2 kitties named Ricky and Phoebe. Does hubby count as a pet?

I can't wait to find out who my spoilee will be!

No comments: