Thursday, January 10, 2008

losing my mind and my purse

Can you believe that I walked out of knit nite without my purse? Yep, made it to within 2 blocks of my house, pulled into a gas station to get gas (daily gas wars - gas is cheapest after 8pm), and no wallet/purse. I drove the rest of the way home, rousted hubby from his Xbox gaming with my BIL, and made him drive me back to the yarn store. Luckily, F was still there and she let me in and my purse was on the sofa in the back. I have absolutely no idea how I walked out of there without it. Clearly, there is something wrong with me.

On to more exciting (and blog-relevant) news - did you see that my co-blogger actually blogged? She's got a lot of catching up to do - 3 months worth of knitting. Gladys has a lot of great things to show off so keep your eyes peeled.

Hubby's socks are fixed. I took off just over an inch in foot length and they fit much better. That means that he'll actually wear them now!


And in a moment of weakness, I, ummmm, cast on a new project. I started with the Austrian socks but the yarn I chose is a single ply and doesn't have enough stretch to execute all those twisted stitches and cabling. So I ripped it out and cast on the Friday Harbour socks. But the cuff isn't stretchy enough to fit over my *ahem* shapely calves so I might rip that out, too. If you've got some Briggs & Little sport, it's got some limitations. Otherwise, it's a great old-fashioned-rustic-eastern-Canada-scratchy kinda yarn.

If you don't count the just-cast-on sock, I now have 14 WIPs (down from 22 last week). I feel sooo much better.

Ricky sez: "I'd feel better if you rubbed my belly"

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

You were consumed by yarn fumes! Easy to forget your head with all those yarn fumes swirling around!!!