Sunday, January 6, 2008

FO #2

So far, so good. I am finishing things.


Pattern: Wendy's generic toe up
Yarn: Trekking XXL in colour 109 (it's all P-La's fault)
Needles: 2.5mm (foot & leg) and 2.75mm (cuffs) dpns
Notes: I tried to use my new Harmony dpns but I found them too 'sticky' with this yarn

That's 1 down and 14 more to go. I should have another FO tomorrow (only half an inch left).

I frogged the Feather and fan shawl, Odessa hat, and the partially knit spiral tube sock. I still need to frog the finished spiral tube sock, the Irish Hiking scarf, and the novelty yarn scarf. At least, I've pulled the needles out of the projects so that I can't even claim they're OTN.

My lys had a belated Boxing Day sale this weekend. I went first thing Sat morning. What a zoo! I showed up 15 mins before the door opened and there were already people inside (???) and a line-up of about 10 people outside. By the time the doors opened, there were at least another 20 people behind me. Now, this store isn't too small but with tables taking up most of the floor space, there's only 2 narrow aisles to walk down so 30+ people means that it's very hard to move around. But it was sooo worth it.

When I got home, I hauled my loot into the office and dumped it in the chair. After I entered the yarn specs (into Ravelry) for one yarn, I reached over for another skein and there was Phoebe making herself comfortable amongst my new yarns.


From left to right: my Xbox game controller (we were playing Halo), Phoebe-girl, Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Old Rose, Nature's Palette in an Odd Duck colour, Green Mountain Spinnery Sylvan Spirit (wool & tencel) in Amethyst, hubby's Xbox controller, and Dream in Color Smooshy in Ruby River.

The Smooshy has some great yardage - 450yds per skein. That's a lot for a hand-dyed yarn. It's made of Australian merino so it'll be interesting to see how it wears. I want to cast on so badly but I must finish a few more socks before I'm allowed. Pout!

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

Blame it on me all you want!!! They are gorgeous!!!
I've got your box by the back door to go in the post tomorrow (1/8). I have no idea how long it will take to get to you. I'm just so sorry it has taken me so long! Eeek! Bad P-la!