Wednesday, November 28, 2007

egads

There is something seriously wrong with me. I've been such a yarnaholic. Today, I made my last trip to Burnaby Knitworks and bought myself 11 skeins of this:


Dunno what I'll make with it but it's a gorgeous cranberry red that I just couldn't pass up. Plus, I've bought myself the Imogen jacket pattern. Wouldn't it look lovely in some Malabrigo? Speaking of Malabrigo, do not be surprised if I buy some of the lace yarn while I'm at knit nite.

Here is the status of my latest mitten:


I finished the cable chart so it's finally photogenic. I still haven't figured out how to shape the top of the mitten and I'm pretty sure I'll run out of yarn. Ugh!

There was some good daylight yesterday so I took pictures of the Sweet Georgia Christmas ornaments.


I love making them and I wish I had more time to do so.

I finally joined the bits of Anna's mumble mumble mumble together and after knitting a few rows, I'm short 4 stitches somehow. Looking back, it seems that I forgot a set of increases. So now I have to rip it all back into seperate pieces and fudge it a little. This is going to be such a pain in the butt. We're talking 272 stitches per row. *sniffle*

In preparation for party week (quilt gang's Christmas lunch/party tomorrow, Pampered Chef party Fri nite, and former employee's of Quilters' Haven dinner on Sat nite), I got my hair chopped this morning. It's about 4-6" shorter and in a much different style than before. It looks perfect and smells great (thanks to the 6 styling products). Speaking of tomorrow's lunch/party, I should head downstairs and see how that curried squash soup is doing. Wish I could put a scratch'n sniff patch on the blog so that you can smell what I smell. Yummy!

No comments: