Saturday, October 20, 2007

waiting for the weather

It seems that at this time of year, we're closely following the latest weather forecast. Is it going to rain? How long before it stops raining? Will it still be daylight? After several days of heavy rain, we were greatly anticipating this afternoon's dry spell.

After lunch with family, and a few other errands, we rushed home to take advantage of a rain-less afternoon. Hubby headed up on the roof to patch the ripped shingle (caused by last winter's big storm that also brought our tree down). He also applied some soap to the moss on the roof and cleaned out the gutters. I stayed on the ground and raked leaves - lots and lots of leaves. Enough to fill almost 12 large bags. And the leaves that I raked were just from a single tree. We have a huge (over 30 ft) Norway maple in the front yard. The leaves are easily 8-10" across. And the tree's not done shedding yet. I expect another 2 or 3 raking sessions before it's finally nekkid.


Before we headed out this morning, I worked on a few quilt blocks that are very appropriate for the season. I bought the bright orange and the pale blue background fabrics last week and pulled the rest from my stash. I like how they turned out. I still have 3 more blocks to make.

No comments: