Saturday, September 22, 2007

owie

Yesterday morning, my back spasmed and I've been in quasi pain. If I cough/sneeze/hiccup, it really, really hurts. Ditto for getting off a chair and when I'm picking up something heavy from the floor. If I do anything else, I'm fine. So I spent pretty much all of yesterday on the couch watching DVDs with hubby (Bridge to Terabithia and a Miss Marple).

And I knit a sock:


Pauline bought the sock yarn and asked me to make her a pair of socks for a friend for Christmas. I started it late Thurs afternoon and on Fri at 10:30pm, it was done. That's gotta be a new record for me.

This morning, I needed to get out of the house for awhile. Hubby and I decided to go out to Fort Langley for the day. The weather was nice (for a change) so we stomped around and did some shopping.


I bought the monkey fabric from A Quilted Stitch. The sock blockers (only $6!!!) were from an antique mall. I would've bought more but these were the only ones in my size. These blockers are unusual because both of them are made from one piece of wire and are connected at the top. All the other ones that I saw today can be seperated. We stopped at a dollar store for felting equipment (bucket and plunger) and I also bought the "Deep Thoughts" notebook (the eyes crack me up) and Pooh stick pens. It was a nice day. Hubby is massaging my broken muscle and I'm going to lie on my heating pad for awhile.

7 comments:

ikisti said...

oh i wish i could have sock blockers of wire. One of my cats thinks they are a toy.

For your back try slow strechs and move around a bit. It helps work it out.

PurlingPirate said...

Sorry to hear about your back! I hope that you are feeling better very soon!

Love that fabric!

bobbi said...

boy i can relate regarding back pain. i've been hurting also. the only good thing about it is you can sit and knit and knit and knit and knit
hope you back gets better real soon.jys

bobbi said...

jys was a mistake

ikkinlala said...

Ouch! I hope you're feeling better soon!

The Imperfect Knitter said...

Hope you are soon ' back ' to normal . I hear that knitting helps the back muscles .

knitseashore said...

I hope your back heals soon, but in the meantime, enjoy the forced knitting time!!

I left a comment a few posts back to congratulate the riders on their tour de toll both. I also emailed the post to my husband. What a great accomplishment! And good for you for being a support wife. I'm glad you had the yarn crawl as a payback!