Wednesday, August 8, 2007

zoom zoom

That's the sound of my sewing machine yesterday. I made 8 knitting project bags.


I was hoping to make more but the clear vinyl was out of stock at the store. No, they're not for myself. My co-blogger has been bugging me to make the bags and sell them on Etsy. So that's what I'm getting ready to do. I'm still figuring out how much to sell them for, what to charge for shipping, and all that other fun stuff.

One of the fabrics (the light blue one) has little tea cups on it and I'm going to call that one "Tea Bag" - get it? Ha ha! I crack myself up sometimes.

Gladys showed me a new heel on the weekend. It's called the Sherman Heel. It's a short row heel without yo's or wrapped stitches. Here's a close up:


It's a little looser than I'd like but there's no ridge on the inside. I had a really hard time getting the heel to work out yesterday night. I frogged it several times before I gave up and went to bed. It's still not perfect. On the very last row of the heel, I was off by a stitch. It doesn't look bad but I don't know what I did wrong. I should practice with scrap yarn before I do another heel.

So the heel has been turned on the River Rapids sock.


I've decided to put 2x2 ribbing on the back of the leg rather than knitting the lace.

And here's a boring ho hum picture of 3 of 24. Looks exactly like the first 2 socks. Not very exciting, eh?

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

Good for you!!! I have been soooo wanting a clear vinyl knitting bag. You know, like the Go Knit pouches, but clear? Anyway, keep up the good work and I'm sure you will make mucho $$$!