Tuesday, August 28, 2007

sniff sniff

Hubby's got a cold and I think I may be catching it. I'm sneezing an awful lot the last day or 2. It could also be seasonal allergies. I never used to have them but I was particularly sneezy this spring. I must be getting old.

So we didn't go to the PNE on Sunday because hubby was feeling poorly. We hung around the house and did stuff. I cast on a second chestnut sock for Trish and I started a Monkey sock for my pal.



The chestnut sock is actually ready for the heel turn and the heel flap is finished for the Monkey sock.

I ordered sock yarn from Trish for my Monkey pal. So all that's left is to order a sock pattern and all my Monkey shopping is done. Yay!

And Trish asked me to give her a copy of the pattern that I'm using for her socks. Apparently, she's getting requests for it. So I'll be typing it up this week and testing the heel/toe instructions while I knit the chestnut sock. It'll be a free pattern so I'll post a link to it in the sidebar when it's ready.

Tomorrow is our 9th wedding anniversary so I went shopping yesterday. Traditional gifts for a 9th anniversary is pottery or willow. Believe it or not, I did find some willow furniture but it didn't fit into my car so I couldn't buy it. So I got hubby some "pottery". I won't spoil the surprise - just in case he reads this (he says he doesn't read this blog but you never know). I hope he likes it. We're going out for supper tomorrow night but we haven't decided where. It really depends on how he's feeling. Poor baby.

I finished sealing our new back steps yesterday. It's still drying. When hubby gets home from work, he'll help me move it into place. It is such an improvement over the old steps. I can't wait!

4 comments:

PurlingPirate said...

Ah, new socks! Love them! Sorry the sniffles are going around your casa. Hope you both are feeling better soon!

bobbi said...

would you mind telling me what yarn you are using for the monkey socks?
i'd appreciate knowing if you don't mind.
thanks

The Imperfect Knitter said...

HAPPY NINTH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY ..... I will raise a glass to you this evening .

wenat said...

Happy anniversary! I remember when you guys got married, too -- wow, doesn't seem like that long ago!