Sunday, August 5, 2007

camel in the house

I went on a little shopping trip on Friday - a lys just moved and I wanted to see the new digs. Still no parking lot but at least street parking is abundant and free. You have to drag yourself up a long flight of stairs but the store has lots of unobstructed windows now so you can see the true colour of the yarn. The new place is a lot smaller than the old one so I don't know if they'll continue to have as much stock.

I went in to get some dpns - my 2.75mm set only has 4 and I really need 5. I picked those up but I also came out with a little bit of yarn.


It's baby camel! On the label, it says "100% One-Hump camel". Like 2-hump camels are no good? It's soooo soft and smells soooo nice. I have 3 skeins for a total of 351m. That's plenty for a nice scarf. Hmmm... I wonder what I should make.

On the way out, I saw a box of free patterns so I looked and brought a few home with me:



The one with the White Buffalo yarn patterns (red cardi on the cover) is neat. I don't think that yarn is available anymore but I do see it at thrift stores once in awhile.

I got some knitting done.


Sock 2 of 24 is done for Trish. This one went a lot faster than the last one. It only took me a week rather than 3 weeks. I don't have to stop and measure all the time.

Hubby went for a bike ride with Gladys' hubby yesterday and I had him drop off her Knit Picks needles and some Kaffe Fassett sock yarn. In return, she gave him my sock yarn from our joint Little Knits order a few months ago.


The 3 Winter skeins are 150g each. One skein is enough for a pair of socks for my hubby's big feet so the blue and green skeins are for him. I'll probably use one of his skeins for mittens. I made him a pair a few years ago and they're pretty worn out. I'm actually kinda glad he wore them out. They were a little too small for his big hands. I was running out of yarn so I had to cast off a little earlier than I wanted to.

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

One hump camel!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!
That reminds me...I have some camel yarn in my stash somewhere!