Saturday, July 28, 2007

the finish line



Well, the TDF is almost over and all I accomplished is one single lonely sock. And I thought I was going to knit 24. HA! As it was, I ripped the toe out 3 times. My sock mojo is broken and I made the foot way too long (I'm not having any luck with foot length lately). Despite my poor results, it looks like it was a great race for cyclists and knitters alike. Way to go!

I started the second sock. It's chestnut because I wanted a break from blue fingers.


I've got the laptop back. Yay! The whole sharing the desktop computer with the hubby just doesn't work - even if I have my own bootable HD. I'm just so glad it was fixable. I wasn't looking forward to shopping for a new laptop.

Speaking of shopping, I went out early this morning for some retail therapy. I bought a pair of jeans, yoga pants, a skirt, a t-shirt, and 2 sleeveless t's for only $15 - brand new from Sears. That's the best clothing deal I've seen in a long time.

I've made good progress on Geoff's quilt. I found a solution for the lack of feature fabric. My lqs had a similar fishy fabric so I got a little bit of it. I have 4 rows out of 15 sewn together. I should finish the top this week.

There hasn't been much knitting/quilting during the last few days. I've been working plus we've been busy with lawn maintenance. Our lawn is infested with European chafer grubs and last fall/winter, the birds/raccoons came out and dug up our lawn. We patched it up but we need to get rid of the grubs otherwise, the lawn will get dug up again. I picked up some nematodes (a grub predator) from the garden centre and we've been applying them to the lawn. We have one more batch to apply tomorrow and then we're done until we do it again next year. I was told that after 2 consecutive years of application, the nematodes will remain permanent residents in our lawn. Yay!


"That sounds like a lot of work. I think I'll just sleep through it all" - Ricky

1 comment:

PurlingPirate said...

First, that sock foot doesn't look nearly long enough. I have BIG feet! hahaha

Second, nematodes? Seriously? Cool.