Tuesday, July 24, 2007

alert the media

I have a FO!


Pattern: my own
Yarn: Lily sugar'n cream in Robin's Egg
Needles: 5mm straights

I made it quite long (29") because it'll shrink a lot. It'll look great in my kitchen!

The laptop... I got a call this morning from the technician and the right hinge is completely broken. A new hinge is only $41.50 but it's recommended that both hinges be replaced so that the tension is the same (don't want to crack the lid). Plus labour, it'll cost us $250 to fix it. Sigh... It's still cheaper than buying a new one. So the hinges have been ordered and they'll take 2-3 days to arrive plus installation. If I'm lucky, I'll get the laptop back early next week. I miss surfing the net in front of the TV.

I managed to input my TDF sock project into Ravelry yesterday (my id is yarnfloozy). It took me awhile to figure out the Flickr picture linky thing. I had a look around at other people's stuff and put a few sock patterns in my queue. I am trying to decide what I want to use Ravelry for. It may be too overwhelming to stuff all my knitting into it. Perhaps, I should just use it only for socks (for now).

TDF Update

I'm still plugging away at the first sock. I should be on sock #12 by now but I'm just hoping to finish at least one pair before the last day.


At the end of the evening, I noticed that my fingers were blue. I emailed Trish and she said that she used natural indigo dyes instead of chemical dyes and that's why I'm turning blue. I had knit her a pair of indigo socks before and the dye didn't rub off so I was kinda worried. But it's all good now.

1 comment:

Charles said...

Socks are coming along great~!

Anyway… I just start my“Knitting Video Cast” you can check it out and see what you think about and Comment me!

Thanks!
Charles