Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Contest yarn!

I won a contest over at the Stash and Burn podcast! And here's a photo of the squishy yarn that I won. (Thank you, Jenny & Nicole!)


It's Baywood Yarns superwash sport, in the Harvest colour. I love it, and now I just have to figure out what to make with it. It's 250 yards, so I could get a pair of socks out of it. Or maybe a scarf? Socks is an easy answer, of course, and they'd be so nice as a pair of thick winter socks. Hmm ...

And while I'm talking about podcasts, I should talk about the ones I'm listening to. I've just discovered Knitters Uncensored, out of Germany. If you like Lime & Violet, you'll like these guys just as much. They're vulgar and hilarious, and made for a nice break on my morning commute. Not a lot of talking about knitting, but plenty of funny conversation. Plus I learned how to pronounce "Regia" properly.

Other podcasts on my ipod ... Cast On, of course — doesn't everyone listen to her? And I'm addicted to Australian accents, thanks to my wonderful Aussie cousins, so I'm also listening to Sticks and String and the Changelings Knit and Stitch podcast.

There are a few other podcasts that I'm trying out — can you tell that I've got a long commute? I'll report on them in a future post.

And in the meantime, I've got another BSJ off the needles, and another one started! Photos follow.

This one's the second one I've finished.

The first one, on top of the second one. The yarn label says Moda Dea Sassy Stripes, $1.99/ball at Dressew. Each jacket took two balls plus a couple of yards of a third.
And this is the beginning of a third BSJ, in TLC Cara Mia, which is a washable acrylic/angora blend, again from the $1.99/ball sale at Dressew. These things are incredibly addictive to make, by the way. All they need now is buttons, but I don't want to buy those until I figure out which babies are getting them, so that I can get buttons that match their parents' personalities.

2 comments:

Dotty said...

How does the Cara Mia feel? I was at Dressew on Sat and I didn't buy any. I didn't buy any yarn or fabric!

Those jackets are so cute!!! You need to make one for yourself.

Anonymous said...

That sweater is cute! I think you could get a pair of socks with the yarn, but I'd knit toe-up and weigh as I go just to be sure...