Friday, May 18, 2007

it's here!

My KTE package arrived this morning! Many thanks to Ann of Yellow House Treasures. I love everything! Despite all the setbacks (yarn that she ordered for me was discontinued and the mailed parcel was returned to her), the box finally arrived safe and sound. I think the postal service got the hint when Ann threatened to drive it out herself.

I was going to take pictures of everything as I was unwrapping but the camera battery died after I took the first picture of the outside of the box. I said to heck with it and proceeded to rip open all the carefully wrapped goodies.

Ann included a lovely card and a postcard with a map of Wisconsin on the front. She also included a sheet of "cats and yarn" stickers. Very cute!


In the treat department, there is a lovely bar of lavender soap from the Alchemic Dragon. It smells heavenly. Plus a half pound (!) box of assorted chocolates from Vande Walle's Candies that are locally made in her home town. If hubby doesn't get home soon, there might not be any left. On the other hand, I don't really have to share my chocolates with him, do I?




As for the yarn, Ann sent enough yarn for not one but TWO pairs of socks. On the left is Koigu and on the right is some very-hard-to-find-in-Canada Trekking XXL.

Ann figured out that I am a quilter and she sent me the latest Quiltmaker magazine (featuring a sleeping kitty pattern pictured on the cover), 2 cat FQs, and 5 Aunt Gracie's 30s repro FQs (in my favourite colour purple) to add to my respective collections.


I was definitely spoiled! And I have a new friend, too. It was a great exchange and I hear rumours that there will be a KTE2.

Off to fondle my new sock yarn, eat more chocolates, and read my new quilting magazine.

No comments: