Thursday, March 22, 2007

the suspense is over

My wee tiny sock arrived today and it's perfectly purple! It's made out of Trekking yarn (so hard to find in Canada) and I absolutely love it. Thanks so much, Pamela!


My dyed yarn is dry and I can say that the cherry did not make things better. Additionally, I seem to have slightly felted one of the skeins. Humph. Someone's going to get a new cat bed...
Last year, I donated a quilt to The Quilt: A Breast Cancer Support Project for their 2007 auction (online bidding is available so check out the website) and I was hoping that it would be in the travelling show so that I could go see it on display. But I got a letter saying that it's being kept at Stratford, Ontario (way over on the other side of the country) so I won't be able to see it in person. I was sad but a friend who also donated a quilt said that more people will see it there and it will likely fetch a higher price at auction. Now, I don't feel so bad because it'll raise more money.
Off to find a place to permanently display my wee tiny sock!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I'm glad it made it there so quick!