Thursday, March 8, 2007

a little stash enhancement



There might have been some yarn buying at knit nite yesterday... Only 3 skeins but it took all my willpower not to buy one of every colour. I got another skein of Malabrigo in Indigo to make a neck thingy for Cathy. I also bought 2 skeins of Louet Gems Fingering in Baby Neptune to make a pair of socks. There were so many colours to choose from that it was really hard to decide which one to buy.


I finally finished the house quilt yesterday (it only needed a label before I could give it away). Last year, our little quilting group did a house block swap. Somehow, we miscounted and everyone was told to make 9 blocks when in fact, there were only 8 participants. So the extra blocks were assembled into a wallhanging and it'll be used to raise money for charity. My block is the rightmost one in the middle row.


And Night Weave is finally finished. I worked on it during my quilting meet-up and I finished it when I got home. I am glad that it's finally done - no more pressing seams open. Now, I just have to decide how to quilt it.

No comments: