Sunday, March 25, 2007

Knitters Treat Exchange

I have joined this swap. It looks like fun. Plus it's low stress. And now I have an excuse to go shopping for neat things.

So here are my answers to the questionnaire:

1. What's your favourite type of yarn?
I am currently addicted to handpainted/dyed sock yarn. Heck, I'm addicted to sock yarn period. I like anything soft. I also have a weakness for laceweight yarn.

2. What's your least favourite type of yarn?
I don't like scratchy yarn - I don't care what it's made out of. I don't mind synthetic materials as long as it's soft. I don't like overly sheddy yarn like angora.

3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
Fondle the yarn.

4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
I am primarily a quilter. I knit because I can do it and watch TV at the same time. I would like to learn how to weave and spin properly (I own a drop spindle and some roving).

5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting, Interweave Knits, Cook's Illustrated

6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip / Garden
Other Craft - Quilting
Knitting
Garden
Home
Food
Crochet
Fashion
Celebrity Gossip

7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
I like lace knitting - scarves/stoles/shawls. I like making socks and cardigans. I also like making mittens & toques.

8. Are you allergic to anything?
I am mildly allergic to a lot of foods but that doesn't stop me from eating them. I am allergic to caffeine and that is one of the things I avoid so that I can eat chocolate. I also have sensitive skin (poor me - I can only wear gold/titanium jewellry). My mosquito bites look like bee stings. TMI?

9. What do you like to* smell of?(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of)
Chanel No. 5, Estee Lauder Dazzling Gold
Lavender, vanilla

10. What's your favourite way to relax?
Hanging out with my quilting/knitting buddies.

11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
Old fashioned bakery

12. What do you come out with?
A whole strip of apple strudel, a bag of cookies, and some kind of cheese bread.

13. Where do you go next?
Victorian sweetshop
14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
I love the colour purple. Any shade of purple. I have 2 cats so you could say I'm a cat person. And finally, don't let my allergies stress you out.

1 comment:

amandasblognews44 said...

Responding to number 8... I hate mosquitoes! I also have sensitive skin. I've tried so many treatments, but Mitigator from mitigator.net seems to work the best for me. You should try it... and I should be a commercial! Click :)