Friday, March 2, 2007

another one!

Boy - that guilt thing is working! Two FO's in one week - that has got to be some sort of record. Someone call Guinness or Ripley. Here's today's FO:


Pattern: Aunt Dana's Russian Boots, Wed March 7 from the Knitting Page-A-Day 2007 calendar (ok, I cheated and looked through all the pages in the calendar and marked all the patterns that I like)

Yarn: Patons Classic Wool in Rosewood; 1 skein

Needles: 4mm Perl-Inox straights (I love these needles - they are awesome)

Mods: cast on 90 sts instead of 70 and they're still too small for my size 8 feet (they fit my Mom's size 5 feet). I knit 24 rows of garter stitch before I started the decreases. I decreased until I had 50 sts left and then did 12 more rows of garter before casting off.

I wore my new neck warmer on Thurs because it was snowing and cold. I wore it to my weekly quilting meet-up and it was pretty popular. I let Cathy try it on and she didn't want to take it off. I have 3 orders for the neck warmer now. I don't mind - Malabrigo is very nice to knit with and the neck warmers are quick and easy to make.

Not much CDM sock progress. I got a little done yesterday morning while I was waiting for the bike store to open (they had a door crasher item that hubby had to have). But my 3 hour afternoon nap kinda wiped out any knitting plans that I had.

Hubby is going skiing tomorrow so I've got the whole day to myself. And I plan on knitting and watching DVDs. I really love my 5 disc DVD player. You don't hafta get up for hours and hours and hours.

No comments: