Sunday, February 11, 2007

quilting without a brain

I am exhausted. The mystery quilt really wore me out. It was cloudy and yucky today so I didn't get a chance to take a better picture of the quilt top. There are pictures of other mystery quilts posted to the flickr site now.



The Night Weave quilt class was great. Stressful but lots of fun. I made so many mistakes. I had to make the same block 3 times before I got it right. And the technique is not forgiving. If you cut it wrong, the pieces are garbage. They cannot be reused anywhere in the quilt top. I currently have 3 boo-boo blocks that will be placed on the back of the quilt as a reminder that I need high functioning brain cells to work on this type of quilt. And everything has to be precise. I am definitely not used to being precise. I spend a lot of time fudging seams when I quilt but you can't do that with this one. What did I get myself into?

And here's the bad cat picture of the day. Ricky sticking his nose where it doesn't belong (from left to right: 2 skeins of Indigo Moon yarn, Tofutsies sock, and Malabrigo neck warmer).


No comments: