Sunday, January 28, 2007

mmmm KoolAid



I love dyeing yarn with KoolAid. It is easy and so much fun. I bought this not-a-nice-colour sock yarn on Friday knowing that I could change the colour when I got home. Enter Blue Moon Berry... Goodbye ugly yellow and hello greeny goodness.

It's my 6th or 7th dye job and I'm getting better at achieving the uneven colour. You need just enough water to cover the yarn but not too much otherwise, the dye will be too evenly distributed. And you shouldn't stir too much. You want a little bit of the original colour showing through. A few minutes in the microwave and voila! I can't wait to knit this up.

So what should I do with the remaining 2 balls of yarn? I've got lots of KoolAid.

I do not have a picture of the Tofutsies sock to show you. The fog did not lift before I left for work so there wasn't enough light for pictures. I'll try to take one tomorrow.

No comments: