Friday, January 26, 2007

Here be dragons

The Tofutsies socks look really nice. I like the striping a lot. I've just got to finish a second sock for a colleague's birthday present, and then a second sock for Tony, and then I can do a couple of pairs for myself. If I can get a few pairs out of my stash, then I won't feel so bad about buying more sock yarn!

In the meantime, check this out:



It's a free pattern for a Fiery Dragon Scarf, from Fun Knits for Kids. That's definitely on my list of things to do for next fall/winter, for Andrew. (He's awful with scarves right now, but hopefully by next year he won't just drag them through the snow and puddles.)

And Dressew's got even more yarn at $1.99/ball now, including a ton of fun fur and cheap lion brand stuff. But machine-washable is definitely the way to go for a kid's scarf!

No comments: